PS: I am also looking for Oppositions, Glare of Subduals, and Privledged Positions.
PPS: I need 4 cards to complete my Time Spiral set, I need Bogardan Hellkite, Cabal Conditioning, Trickbind, and Verdant Embrace.
How many people opened up a box or two of Planar Chaos noticed how badly screwed up the distribution of rares was? I opened my one box, and out of my 46 rares (36 regular rares plus the 10 plane-shifted rares), I got 20 duplicates. TWENTY!!!!!
This is crazy. Just a few years ago, the rare distribution was organized so well that other than the foil rare, you could predict the sequence and order. With even distribution, you were guaranteed to get 35-36 different rares. Not anymore.
This sucks. Especially because I didn?t get a Red Akroma, Damnation, or Temporal Extortion.
So I guess Im going to have to trade to get my complete set.
Heres what I have extra:
2 Extra Groundbreakers
2 Extra Mirri the Cursed
3 Extra Boom /Bust
1 Extra Green Bling Dragon (I really want to trade him for a blue bling Dragon)
2 Extra Aeon Chronicler
3 Extra Magus of the Coffers
1 Extra Magus of the Tabernacle
1 Extra Benalish Commander
1 Extra Gaea Anthem
1 Extra Popryphpysysyphyshuphus Node
2 Extra Fatal Frenzy
1 Extra Imps Mishief
These are all in excess. How many Magus if the Coffers can one guy open up? (Four, apparently.) I got a few more duplicates, but at least Im willing to play them. I like Teneb Black Dragon, Dichotomy & that white 20-life gaining spell enough that I want to hang on to them for the moment.
So does anyone want to trade crap rares for crap rares? Is anyone interested in the two Groundbreakers for Akroma or Damnation? Im coming to Abes on Friday? I?ll bring my doubles.
PS: I am also looking for Oppositions, Glare of Subduals, and Privledged Positions.
PPS: I need 4 cards to complete my Time Spiral set, I need Bogardan Hellkite, Cabal Conditioning, Trickbind, and Verdant Embrace.
I had near the same box as you. No blue bling, no akroma, no decent magus (library, bazaar). If I hadn't gotten 2 Damnations, I don't think my box would've paid for itself in rares. It seems like as I was looking through my rare pile, I thought "I could trade this" a hell of a lot more than I thought "oh wow, I'm keeping this forever". Hell, I didn't even get (most likely) easily tradable ground breakers. So, I feel your pain.
On a seperate note, I have a Verdant Embrace. I'll try to remember to bring it. Also, I think you may mean Curse of the Cabal.
<font color="#C0C0C0" size="1">[ February 08, 2007 01:52 PM: Message edited by: kerbythepurplecow ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll be buying at least one box on my way to Abe's this week so bring your trade stock!Originally posted by GrimJack:
PS: I am also looking for Oppositions, Glare of Subduals, and Privledged Positions.
PPS: I need 4 cards to complete my Time Spiral set, I need Bogardan Hellkite, Cabal Conditioning, Trickbind, and Verdant Embrace.
Also I have a verdant embrace in my binder and a hellkite, but not sure if I want to trade mr hellkite, I'm actually starting to like playing red... O.o
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You think I can remember the "actual" names? You give me too much credit.Originally posted by kerbythepurplecow:
Also, I think you may mean Curse of the Cabal.
Ooo Curse of the Cabal is fun stuff... goes well with BRAIDS! BWAHAHAHAHA!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You think I can remember the "actual" names? You give me too much credit.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I am not the greatest rememberer either. I just look up most of the cards people list at Findmagiccards. When I looked up conditioning, I figured there was no way you could have need of it. And, if you did, well I have about 90 of those. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]Originally posted by GrimJack:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kerbythepurplecow:
Also, I think you may mean Curse of the Cabal.
*side note* can't one emote without it changing to a stupid graphic?
<font color="#C0C0C0" size="1">[ February 08, 2007 03:19 PM: Message edited by: kerbythepurplecow ]</font>
Learn to emote to the left (:
But left emotes look retarded after years of right emoting.
Mmmm ... Bad distribution?? Only if it's not to your benefit. Opened 4 boxes (yes, I know ... 4) and got 5 of each $$$$$ rare (Damnation, Akroma, Extirpate) ... and one Damnation being foil.
Bookmarks